Rainbow Turtle is a recognised Scottish Charity (Scottish Charity number SC034097) committed to working in partnership with developing world producers. The charity works in several ways to enhance the profile of Fair Trade, these include:
- organising special events and fundraising throughout the year
- helping schools and organisations to take part in the annual Fairtrade Fortnight
- working with various groups to lobby both local and national politicians with a view to achieving change in the system of world trade
- directly supporting some producers in developing countries by giving financial assistance towards the purchase of raw materials and equipment, and by providing markets for the goods they produce through the shop in Paisley, stalls and online sales
- providing support and advice to schools – who are working towards their Fairtrade Awards – through our Education Officer
- giving talks and workshops to schools, faith groups and other organisations
You can support the work that we do as a charity by becoming a Friend of Rainbow Turtle from as little as £12 a year!